Wednesday, January 5, 2022

New Year, New Post, New Goals

 

Happy New Year Everyone!
(even though I'm a couple of days late)

What a whirlwind 2021 has been. Singapore went through so many phases of Covid measures that I lost count. Nevertheless, 2021 was an eventful and meaningful year. The LO turned one and she's expected to start Playgroup in a few weeks time. We also started dabbling a little into stablecoins to gain some yield there. I got back into the hobby of collecting shiny cardboard and for those interested you can check out my IG through the link at the bottom. I initially set out to get 1oz of gold and ~30oz of silver last year but i didn't quite hit the mark on gold, so let's see if we can do that this year.

I definitely have been away from this page for awhile. IIRC, my last post was sometime in Aug 2020 and I just did not have the motivation to look at our numbers and crunch out some post. Honestly, everything felt too routine and kind of a drag. Well, I'm back from a break and I hope that I can gather some momentum for this year.

Looking back at 2022, we aimed to get $2400 in dividends/passive income. Based on my last check on stocks.cafe (which I use to track our portfolio), we earned ~$2,500 in dividends in 2021. This excludes our other passive income streams such as bank interests and crypto yields. This kinda exceeded my expectation as I thought we could only hit this target if we included our other streams of passive income. Going forward, I think we will only be tracking our dividends closely or I might go crazy sieving through all our different accounts 😂

So what's next in 2022? 

First off, I would like to write more consistently. Some people say 'Consistency is key' so my target for 2022 is to write at least two posts a month. This should be manageable given our current schedule and work demands and if I'm feeling it, I may write more and if I do that's a bonus.

We are also going to continue our DCA strategy into our current holdings. I think given our background and schedule, we can only do what we can to stay in the market and reduce our risks where possible. So far, this method has been stable enough for us and kinda survived the Covid-19 test.

One thing that we did not execute enough on was entering more positions into growth stocks and some ETFs that we wanted to. We are going to work to try and change this and increase our exposure in these positions.

We are also targeting $3,600 in dividends this year which will translate to ~50% increase from 2021. Currently, all the dividends received are reinvested. Hopefully this will pay off in the long run.

Next, we are going to continue to increase our exposure in crypto and physical precious metals. In my mind, these two are hedges in the bigger picture of growing the value of our portfolio.

Last but not least, it is to make time for more healthy activities like exercise and 'excursions' with the LO. As we are entering our 30s, gotta keep the weight down as our metabolism slows down and get in a couple of sessions of exercise per week to ensure we are healthy enough when we are older to enjoy the fruits of our labour.

If you have read till here, THANK YOU! On a lighter note, I want to collect more Shiny Cardboard and I may post some pictures of what I have in my Personal Collection (PC).

Share with me your New Year's Resolutions and Goals! Remember to stay safe everyone!


On a separate note, I have started a YouTube Channel showcasing my hobbies. If you are interested, you can watch my latest video hereAny feedback, subscriptions or comments is deeply appreciated!

My YouTube Channel: LINK HERE!

My Instagram: LINK HERE!

Check out my other stuff: LINK HERE!

SG FI Dad, out.

3 comments:

  1. amazing post i am very happy to post. thanks for sharing such a super article
    forex trading signals

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful Blog! Chinese spring festival starts with the lunar new year and is celebrated for 14 days. We bring Chinese spring festival celebration ideas to make your celebrations super exciting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

ICYMI: Google Pay Promo

  Just a quick heads-up to everyone who might have missed out on the Google Pay promotion. You can still get CASHBACK when you Paynow your f...