Thursday, July 2, 2020

How I Made $202 by Exercising in 6 Months

If you told me 10 years ago that I can be paid to do sports or exercise, I would jump at the opportunity without any hesitation. Back then, 18 year old me would probably be thinking what a chance it would be if I can make a career out of sports or be a semi-pro athlete. 

Fast forward to present me, I am employed with a young child and there are even more necessities and expenses to pay for. One tiny way I use to mitigate for the costs of diapers and milk formula, is utilising the AIA Vitality App. 

In essence, the AIA Vitality App rewards its users for completing certain health-related assessments and exercising. By exercising about 3-4 times per week, I am able to hit the exercise goal which grants me a $5 voucher and when my team completes their personal goals, I am granted an additional $5 voucher. That's $10 per week, to stay healthy.

The Vitality program currently cost $8/month. Given that I am able to redeem $40 worth of vouchers each month, it's easily a win for me. This is on top of other perks like discount on insurance policies and their merchant partners.

At the same time, NTUC Income has their Orange Health App which has similar mechanics but their range of rewards are slightly different. In a year, the amount of rewards that an individual can redeem is capped at $40. Currently, I use this app to redeem for CapitaMall Vouchers. I use this vouchers to offset some of my bullion and numismatic purchases (more on that next time).

In total, AIA: (6 months x 4 weeks x $10) - (6 months x $8)= $192
            Orange Health: $10 for 1H 2020
            Tada! $202 just from exercising.

Essentially, I see this as a win-win situation. Anyone with qualifying policies under either insurance providers or if there are apps with other providers which provides similar rewards, you should sign up.

More importantly, the grind towards financial independence will be for nothing if one overlooks his/her health and is unable to enjoy the fruits of your labour. I am grateful that even with my child, my wife and I still carve out some time for ourselves to exercise. Its equally crucial to take care of ourselves and our well-being so that we can better provide for those who are dependent on us.

Share with me your thoughts and comments on such rewards programs and if you grind/exercise for them! I'll go in-depth into each of these apps sometime in the future.

SG FI Dad, out.



No comments:

Post a Comment

ICYMI: Google Pay Promo

  Just a quick heads-up to everyone who might have missed out on the Google Pay promotion. You can still get CASHBACK when you Paynow your f...