Friday, July 3, 2020

SG FI Dad 2020 1H Review

Wow, half a year has gone by so quickly. I'll admit it. 2020 did not go the way I had envisioned it. All I had in mind was ensuring that my wife and (already born) child were given the care and attention they needed to be healthy and happy. But like what I have been saying in my few posts, life is full of curve balls. COVID-19, a black swan event, hit hard. Like really hard. The number of cases continue to rise and the impact on the economy and livelihood is far and wide. 

I am grateful that I continue to be gainfully employed. More importantly, I am immensely thankful that both my wife and child are healthy and continue to grow and recuperate. Nothing more I can ask for honestly. When I became a dad, there's this indescribable feeling  and need to step up.

In addition, there has been a mindset switch on the importance of finances and planning. Really, the impetus for tracking 'passive' income is to understand the performance of our investments and savings. This will help us see if we are heading in the right direction or require other instruments in our portfolio to mitigate the shortfall.

We will continue our quest to increase our dividend income, we will also explore other means of diversifying our income streams. Nonetheless, our mental model is that dividends please continue to come in.


As of now, our dividends received YTD is $398.04. The projected amount of dividends that we will receive for 2020 is $700 which suggests that we are currently still on track. Will check in again at the end of the year to see if we managed to hit this projection.

Share with me your thoughts and comments on having a dividend income stream!

SG FI Dad, out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

ICYMI: Google Pay Promo

  Just a quick heads-up to everyone who might have missed out on the Google Pay promotion. You can still get CASHBACK when you Paynow your f...