Sunday, April 11, 2021

SGFIDAD’s 1Q2021 Review

The first quarter of 2021 has passed and it is time to take a step back and review our progress thus far. With the COVID-19 situation being more or less controlled here in Singapore and workplace arrangements gradually returning to normal, I foresee myself being more busy and possibly having less time to constantly review and upkeep our portfolio. I think maintaining a quarterly review hits the sweet spot and it will be good to periodically remind ourselves where we are now and what is needed to reach our goals.

For those who are new here (hi there and thanks for stopping by!), our investment approach is relatively hands-off. This means we generally just DCA into selected counters at a fixed period every month. 

The US market has been relatively volatile the last few weeks and I think I was disappointed that I did not take that opportunity to enter some of the ETF counters that I have been monitoring. Nonetheless, we will be more ‘active’ on that front as we have decided that we will be slightly more aggressive this year.

On the cryptocurrency front, I have decided to carve out a small amount every month or two to enter the crypto space. I will highlight more details on this in a future post. Personally, this hasn’t been my first foray into cryptocurrency but I will tell this story another time. Currently, crypto takes up less than 1% of our portfolio.

In total, we received $477.38 from our dividends and interests for the first 3 months of 2021. That works out to just under $160 per month. As mentioned in our earlier post, this is definitely under our goal of $200 per month from alternate income. Based on our monitoring and projections, we understand where our shortfall is and will look to supplement them in the coming months.

Career wise, I’m glad to see that the Mrs continues to do well in her appraisal and performance. On my end, I’m trying to improve my skill sets and maybe take a couple of upgrading courses to better understand data and visual analytics. I’m pretty certain that these are going to be the basic requirements in the future and it’s going to be beneficial to learn these asap.

Hobby wise, I am thankful that the wife continues to be supportive and allows me the time and space to pursue these. I have continued to put out a couple of videos per week taking a break whenever I need to. Flipping of cards has been quite the experience and I will detail my account in a future post as this has been too recent. If any of you are interested, check out the links below and I welcome any feedback!

Share with me any thoughts or comments that you may have! Stay safe everyone!

I have started a YouTube Channel showcasing my hobbies. If you are interested, you can watch my latest video hereAny feedback, subscriptions or comments is deeply appreciated!

My YouTube Channel: LINK HERE!

My Instagram: LINK HERE!

No comments:

Post a Comment

ICYMI: Google Pay Promo

  Just a quick heads-up to everyone who might have missed out on the Google Pay promotion. You can still get CASHBACK when you Paynow your f...